- 4 (5-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, split horizontally and gently pounded
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons diced drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup dry Marsala
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
How to Make It
Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; dredge in flour, shaking off excess. Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add 2 chicken breasts, and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer chicken to a platter, and loosely cover with aluminum foil. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; repeat with remaining 2 chicken breasts.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon salt; sauté 5 minutes or until mushrooms begin to turn golden. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add sun-dried tomatoes and Marsala; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until slightly reduced. Stir in cream; simmer 2 more minutes. Return chicken to skillet, turning to coat with sauce; simmer until heated through.