Chicken Marsala crockpot recipe
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 whole(s) chicken breasts
- 1 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 8 ounce(s) cremini mushrooms
- 1/3 cup(s) dry marsala wine
- 1/3 cup(s) reduced sodium chicken broth
- * Season chicken with salt and pepper. Put flour in shallow bowl. Coat chicken evenly with flour, shaking off excess
- * Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in large skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium heat. Add chicken, working in batches and cook, turning until golden brown (about 2 minutes per side). Transfer to crockpot coated with cooking spray.
- * Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Cook prosciutto until it starts to become crisp (about 1 to 2 minutes). Drain on paper towels and chill. Add mushrooms to skillet and cook until golden, 5 minutes.
- * Stir in wine and broth, scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook until chicken is tender and cooked thoroughly for about 4 hours on low. Season to taste, top with reserved prosciutto and sprinkle with parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by katef72 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Marsala crockpot recipe Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes