- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- calories 585
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 15.3 g
- satfat 8.4 g
- monofat 4.1 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 51.4 g
- carbohydrate 55 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- cholesterol 133 mg
- iron 4.4 mg
- sodium 469 mg
- calcium 57 mg
How to Make It
Place 3 tablespoons butter in a small glass measuring cup. Microwave butter at MEDIUM-HIGH 45 seconds or until melted. Let stand 1 minute. Skim foam from surface, and discard. (Mixture will appear separated.) Pour melted butter through a fine sieve over a small bowl, and discard the milk solids. Set the clarified butter aside.
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, shallots, and garlic. Cook 3 minutes or until moisture evaporates; remove mushroom mixture from pan. Set aside.
Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to a 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish; dredge chicken breast halves in flour.
Add clarified butter to pan, and place over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove chicken from pan. Return mushroom mixture to pan; add broth and Marsala, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup. Stir in peas; cook 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon butter, half-and-half, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, stirring until butter melts. Return chicken to pan; cook until thoroughly heated. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta.