Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
Yield: Makes 8 Servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 5 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (6-oz.) jars sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup sweet Marsala wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Combine garlic and oil in a lightly greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place in slow cooker. Arrange sliced mushrooms over chicken, and pour in wine.
- 2. Cover and cook on Low 5 to 6 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker; cover to keep warm.
- 3. Stir together 1/2 cup water and cornstarch until smooth; stir cornstarch mixture into liquid in slow cooker. Increase heat to High. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- 4. Return chicken to slow cooker. Cover and cook on High 5 minutes or until hot. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This