This was very tasty. I left out the pecans but I could see how they would give it a nice dimension.
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup pecan pieces, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces assorted mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Marsala
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat; add 2/3 cup pecans, and cook, stirring often, 4 to 5 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- 2. Process flour and remaining 1/3 cup pecans in a food processor until finely ground; place flour mixture in a large shallow bowl.
- 3. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; lightly dredge in flour mixture.
- 4. Melt remaining 2 Tbsp. butter with olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and done. Remove chicken from skillet.
- 5. Add mushrooms and shallots to skillet; sauté 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add broth and Marsala to skillet, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Return chicken to skillet, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 6. Transfer chicken to a serving platter; spoon mushroom-Marsala mixture over chicken, and sprinkle with parsley and toasted pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes