1. Cut the chicken breast in half and pound to about 1/4 inch.
2. In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour and Essence of Emeril. Dredge the chicken in the mixture and shake any excess flour.
3. In a large skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium high heat until very hot but not smoking.
4. Cook the chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and add the mushrooms. Cook stiring frequently until mushrooms are golden brown around the edges and have given off their liquid.
6. Add the marsala wine and bring to a boil, scraping to remove and browned bits from the bottom of the pan. When the wine has reduced by 1/4 to 1/2 add the chicken stock and cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
7. Lower the heat to medium and return th chicken breasts to the pan and continue to cook until the are cooked through.
8. Remove the chicken breasts again and if needed, thicken the sauce using corn starch and water. Also add a bit more butter.
9. Serve with mashed potatoes and garnish with the chives.
Go to full version of