Good simple recipe. I added some minced garlic to the sauce for extra flavor. Served with some lemon basil orzo pasta. Very good.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast cutlets
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) package sliced white or crimini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Marsala wine*
- 1 cup low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- 2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter or margarine in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon flour, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add wine, and cook 1 minute, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet; add broth and thyme. Bring to a boil over high heat, and cook, stirring often, 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve sauce over chicken.
- * 1/3 cup low-sodium fat-free chicken broth may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes