Excellent recipe. Easy and very flavorful!
Here's a simple version of chicken marsala that's sure to please guests. If you don't want to use wine, you can substitute 1/2 cup of additional chicken broth.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 241
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 40.7g
- Carbohydrate: 4.9g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 308mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup presliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound each piece to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour, turning to coat; shake off excess flour.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add mushrooms, wine, broth, and juice to pan; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 2/3 cup. Return chicken to pan, turning to coat well. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with parsley.
If you do not care to use the marsala, you can replace it with 1/2 cup of additional chicken broth. Without the marsala, the flavor won't be exactly the same, but the recipe will work just fine.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note