Various adaptations of this popular recipe from the Silver Palate Cookbook have been a go-to dinner party favorite for decades. It's a simple and delicious one-dish recipe for the busy host, and tastes best when prepared a day or two ahead.
More From Oxmoor House
9 Hours, 3 Minutes
- Calories: 417
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 37.8g
- Carbohydrate: 28.4g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 149mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 564mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 2/3 cup pitted dried plums
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
- 2 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 2 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Combine dried plums and next 9 ingredients (through bay leaves) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 3. Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade.
- 4. Arrange chicken in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish; pour reserved marinade evenly over chicken.
- 5. Bake for 350° for 45 minutes or until chicken is done, basting about every 10 minutes with baking liquid.
- 6. Place chicken, dried plums, olives, and capers on a platter, reserving pan drippings. Discard bay leaves. Sprinkle chicken with parsley, and serve with reserved pan drippings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note