Try this recipe! The ingredient mix is weird, but the end result is delicious. I also cut the brown sugar by half, and we thought it was the perfect balance of sweet and tangy.
Chicken marbella calls for an unusal mix of ingredients - like plums, capers, olives, and brown sugar - but it's always a hit, even with kids!
More From Southern Living
Other: 8 Hours
- 1 (12-ounce) package pitted, bite-size dried plums
- 1 (3.5-ounce) jar capers
- 1 (0.5-ounce) bottle dried oregano
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 garlic bulb, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 cup pimento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 8 pounds mixed chicken pieces
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a large zip-top freezer bag or a large bowl. Add chicken pieces, turning to coat well; seal or cover and chill for at least 8 hours (overnight is best), turning chicken occasionally.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in one or two 13- x 9-inch baking pan(s). Pour marinade evenly over chicken, and sprinkle evenly with brown sugar; pour wine around pieces.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes to 1 hour, basting frequently.
- Remove chicken, dried plums, olives, and capers to serving platter. Drizzle with 3/4 cup pan juices; sprinkle parsley evenly over top. Serve with remaining pan juices.
Choose a mixture of everyone's favorite cuts of chicken--such as one package each of bone-in breasts, legs, thighs, and wings--or purchase pick-of-the-chick packages or chicken quarters to equal 8 pounds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note