Various adaptations of this popular recipe from the Silver Palate Cookbook have been a go-to dinner party favorite for decades. It's a simple and delicious one-dish recipe for the busy host, and tastes best when prepared a day or two ahead.
Oxmoor House OCTOBER 2013
1. Combine dried plums and next 9 ingredients (through bay leaves) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
2. Preheat oven to 350°.
3. Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade.
4. Arrange chicken in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish; pour reserved marinade evenly over chicken.
5. Bake for 350° for 45 minutes or until chicken is done, basting about every 10 minutes with baking liquid.
6. Place chicken, dried plums, olives, and capers on a platter, reserving pan drippings. Discard bay leaves. Sprinkle chicken with parsley, and serve with reserved pan drippings.
Go to Full Version of