This really is wonderful! We grilled the chicken on our charcoal grill. The smokiness of the dish was amazing. All the ingredients go together so well. This is my new favorite summer recipe!
Chicken, Mango, and Rice Salad
- 1 1/2 cups rice, preferably short grain
- 1 1/3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4)
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the rice until just done, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain thoroughly.
- 2. Coat the chicken with the 1 tablespoon oil. Season with 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Heat a grill pan over moderate heat. Cook the breasts until just done, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Alternatively, heat the tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan and season and cook the chicken as directed above. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, cut it into 1/2-inch dice.
- 3. Toss the rice with the chicken, onion, mango, avocado, the 1/3 cup oil, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, the lime juice, and cilantro.
- Wine Recommendation: With its fruit, richness, and flavor, Australian sémillon will match this dish blow for blow.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This