Chicken Liver Pate
- 1 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 2 pounds chicken livers
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 small cooking apple, peeled, cored, and grated
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 hard-cooked eggs (optional)
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a large skillet. Add livers, onion, apple, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Spoon liver mixture into container of blender or food processor; process until smooth. Cut remaining butter into 4 pieces. Add butter and brandy; process until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly oiled 3 1/2-cup mold. Chill several hours or overnight. Invert onto serving platter; garnish with chopped or sliced hard-cooked eggs and parsley, if desired. Serve pâté with crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note