1. Rinse livers, and pat dry with paper towels. Place livers in a large bowl, and add 1 cup milk; cover and chill 1 hour. Drain livers, and return to bowl. Add remaining 1 cup milk; cover and chill 1 hour. Drain livers, and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until crisp. Drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Finely chop bacon.
3. Cook livers, in batches, in hot drippings over medium heat 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and done. Remove livers with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, and wipe skillet clean.
4. Sauté garlic, jalapeño, and next 2 ingredients in melted butter in skillet over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in bourbon, salt, and pepper; simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat, and cool 10 minutes.
5. Process livers, bacon, and garlic mixture in a food processor 60 to 90 seconds or until smooth. Add softened butter, and process 10 seconds or until blended. Transfer to a bowl; cover and chill 4 hours.
Note: Chopped, cooked bacon may be omitted from the pâté and used as a topping instead, if desired.