Chicken Little Pot Pie
- Chicken boullion
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 2 can(s) Chicken broth
- package(s) Frozen Mixed Veggies
- 1 pint(s) Heavy whipping cream
- 1 Onion - med/lg
- Pepper (white)
- 1 package(s) Pillsbury pie crust
- 1 Rosemary sprig
- Pre-heat oven to 425
- In large pot, cook chicken breasts, and chopped onion in 3 cups of water, about 20 minutes.
- When cooked, remove chicken and chop into bite size pieces, skim yucky stuff off liquid, return chicken pieces to pot.
- Add 2 cans chicken broth, frozen veggies, chopped rosemary, salt and pepper to taste.
- Let simmer until veggies are done and flavors infused. (you may need to add up to 1T. chicken boullion for better flavor)
- Add 1 pint HWcream (if wanting to watch calories, substitute 1/2 & 1/2)
- Let simmer, thicken with cornstarch/water, a bit at a time. You want to end up with a THICK soup. Too thin and you will have an empty shell once you cut into it.
- Heavily - thickly grease muffin tins (these are the Large size - 6 to a pan)
- Lightly roll out pie crust sheet on a floured board.
- Cut an approx. 6 1/2" circle for bottom and approx. 4" circle for top. You'll get 2 bottoms and 2 tops per roll (with leftovers for the other pies)
- Press large circle into muffin tin - make sure you don't get it too thin or make a hole. Fill crusts with soup mixture; don't overfill. Lay top crust on mixture, roll bottom edges up over the top and pinch/secure. Do not poke holes.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for approx. 1/2 hour or until crust is golden brown.
- Providing the crust was secured properly, you Should (operative word) be able to lift them out using a fork. You can also put a cookie sheet on top and flip the whole thing. Good luck! They still taste great if they break, but they're prettier if they don't.
- You will have leftover soup mixture. Make more pot pies, eat as a thick cream soup, or eat over biscuits.
- This is approximately my recipe - you can make any kind of soup mixture you like, just thicken it and you're set to go. Use your imagination!!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Mychefson and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note