- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili garlic sauce
- Leaves from 2 heads (about 12 oz.) Little Gem lettuces*
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- calories 213
- caloriesfromfat 35 %
- protein 24 g
- fat 8.2 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- carbohydrate 9.1 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- sodium 341 mg
- cholesterol 94 mg
How to Make It
Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat pan. Cook chicken, stirring only when browned, until most of pink is gone, about 10 minutes. Add ginger, garlic, onion, and carrot, stirring to combine.
Make a well in the center of the pan and pour in broth. Cook until simmering. Mix cornstarch and soy sauce in a small bowl. Add chili sauce, then pour into broth, stirring to combine. Add Little Gems and toss mixture to coat, cooking until half the lettuce leaves are wilted, about 10 minutes.
Sprinkle the dish with basil.
*A mini romaine, Little Gem lettuce has sweet, crunchy, and densely packed leaves. Find it at farmers' markets and well-stocked grocery stores.