- 6 boned, skinned chicken thighs (1 lb. total), fat-trimmed
- 3/4 pound linguisa sausage
- 2 onions (1 1/4 lb. total), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 quarts fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1/2 pound Roma tomatoes, rinsed, cored, and diced
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Salt and pepper
- calories 343
- caloriesfromfat 52 %
- protein 24 g
- fat 20 g
- satfat 6.8 g
- carbohydrate 17 g
- fiber 4.6 g
- sodium 453 mg
- cholesterol 76 mg
How to Make It
Rinse chicken and cut into 1-inch cubes. Cut linguisa into 1/2-inch slices.
In a 6-quart pressure cooker over high heat, stir linguisa until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl.
Discard all but 1 tablespoon fat from pan. Add onions, carrots, and celery. Stir occasionally until onions are limp, about 5 minutes. Add broth, chicken, linguisa with juices, tomatoes, cabbage, and lemon peel.
Seal cooker. Following manufacturer's instructions, bring to maximum pressure (15 lb.); adjust heat to stabilize cooking rate. Cook 10 minutes. Release pressure quickly, running cold water over pan.
Open pan, add peas, lemon juice, and mint. Stir occasionally over high heat until simmering. Add salt and pepper to taste.