very easy and the fam loved these!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Sweet and Spicy Sauce
You can serve these casual wraps buffet style. Arrange the lettuce leaves on a large platter, spoon the chicken salad in a bowl, and place the sauce in a small bowl on the side. Let people assemble their own Asian-inspired wraps since this is one less step for the cook.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 197
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 16.5g
- Carbohydrate: 18.2g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 825mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 cups packaged cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
- 1 cup canned sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 8 ounces grilled chicken breast strips (such as Louis Rich)
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Place peanuts in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan frequently. Remove pan from heat; set aside.
- Combine hoisin, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, oil, pepper, and garlic in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Combine peanuts, coleslaw, water chestnuts, and chicken in a medium bowl; toss well.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken salad in the center of each lettuce leaf; top each with 2 teaspoons sauce. Roll up; secure with a wooden pick.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note