I love this!! It was so easy and took no time at all to make. I used ground chicken instead of the strips and after browning it I added the water chestnuts and then the sauce to warm through as some of the other reviews and it was perfect. My boyfriend said it was no different than the ones at PF Chang's!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Sweet and Spicy Sauce
You can serve these casual wraps buffet style. Arrange the lettuce leaves on a large platter, spoon the chicken salad in a bowl, and place the sauce in a small bowl on the side. Let people assemble their own Asian-inspired wraps since this is one less step for the cook.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 197
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 16.5g
- Carbohydrate: 18.2g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 825mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 cups packaged cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
- 1 cup canned sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 8 ounces grilled chicken breast strips (such as Louis Rich)
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Place peanuts in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan frequently. Remove pan from heat; set aside.
- Combine hoisin, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, oil, pepper, and garlic in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Combine peanuts, coleslaw, water chestnuts, and chicken in a medium bowl; toss well.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken salad in the center of each lettuce leaf; top each with 2 teaspoons sauce. Roll up; secure with a wooden pick.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This