this was just so, so. easy to prepare and few ingredients, but nothing very special.
Chicken and Lentil Salad
Photo: Annabelle Breakey
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 398
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Protein: 23g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 16g
- Sodium: 259mg
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- 1 cup brown lentils, sorted of debris and rinsed
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 cup slivered red onion
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1. Simmer lentils in 1 qt. lightly salted water in a covered saucepan just until tender to the bite, 15 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl, then gently stir in warm lentils.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
For a main dish for 2 or 3, spoon the salad onto butter lettuce leaves that are dressed lightly with a simple vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This