- 1 cup brown lentils, sorted of debris and rinsed
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 cup slivered red onion
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- calories 398
- caloriesfromfat 44 %
- protein 23 g
- fat 20 g
- satfat 3 g
- carbohydrate 33 g
- fiber 16 g
- sodium 259 mg
- cholesterol 32 mg
How to Make It
Simmer lentils in 1 qt. lightly salted water in a covered saucepan just until tender to the bite, 15 minutes. Drain.
Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl, then gently stir in warm lentils.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
For a main dish for 2 or 3, spoon the salad onto butter lettuce leaves that are dressed lightly with a simple vinaigrette.