This recipe was really great. I followed the recipe to a T and it came out really well. All my friends loved it. I will definitely be making it again!
Chicken and Lemon Pot Stickers with Soy-Scallion Dipping Sauce
Ground chicken, bok choy, and Asian aromatics nestle in pleated wonton wrappers. Make the filling and sauce a day ahead, but assemble the pot stickers just before cooking. They're just as good at room temperature as they are when warm. Sprinkle the baking sheet with cornstarch to keep the bottoms of the pot stickers crisp.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 196
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 4.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 4.4g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 567mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- Pot stickers:
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 3/4 cup finely chopped bok choy (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1/2 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup water, divided
- 5 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon chile paste with garlic
- To prepare pot stickers, bring sherry and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat; add mushrooms. Cover and let stand 30 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Drain and discard liquid. Finely chop mushrooms. Combine mushrooms, bok choy, and the next 9 ingredients (bok choy through chicken), stirring well.
- Working with 1 wonton wrapper at a time (cover remaining wrappers with a damp towel to prevent drying), spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons chicken mixture into center of each wrapper. Moisten edges of dough with water; bring 2 opposite corners to center, pinching points to seal. Bring the remaining 2 corners to center, pinching points to seal. Pinch 4 edges together to seal. Place pot stickers on a large baking sheet sprinkled with cornstarch.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of pot stickers; cook 2 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Carefully add 1/2 cup water to pan; cover and cook 4 minutes. Uncover and cook 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, pot stickers, and 1/2 cup water.
- To prepare sauce, combine mirin and the remaining ingredients. Serve with the pot stickers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This