Chicken in Lemon Marinade
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- Process first 8 ingredients in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Reserve 1/4 cup lemon mixture, and chill.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish or zip-top plastic bag; pour remaining lemon mixture over chicken. Cover or seal, and chill 2 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade; place chicken on a lightly greased rack in a broiler pan.
- Broil 7 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) 11 to 12 minutes on each side or until tender, basting chicken frequently with reserved 1/4 cup lemon mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This