Community Recipe from
- 1 package(s) 9 oz lasagna noodles (no boil work well)
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3/4 cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) basil
- 1 teaspoon(s) parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 whole chicken plus 2 breasts (about 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts), cooked
- 24 ounce(s) cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 2-3 cup(s) mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup(s) fresh parmesan grated
- optional fresh spinach sauteed
- Melt butter and saute onions. Stir in flour and seasonings. Slowly add chicken broth. Whisk and simmer for about 5 minutes or until it is thick and bubbly. Add chicken.
- Combine cottage cheese, egg, and mozzarella cheese; set aside. Layer 1/3 chicken, then noodles, and then cheese mixture. Repeat 1 time, ending with chicken on top. Sprinkle fresh parmesan cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 1 hour, uncovered; then let sit 10 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lmgoodall and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes