- 1 hard-cooked egg
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- Toast Cups
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
How to Make It
Crumble egg yolk; finely grate egg white, and set aside.
Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add mushrooms and green pepper; sauté until tender. Set aside.
Melt remaining butter in a large skillet over low heat; add flour, and stir until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
Add crumbled yolk, chicken, salt, pepper, pimiento, and sautéed vegetables to white sauce. Spoon mixture into toast cups; sprinkle with grated egg white. Garnish with parsley, if desired.