Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken roll)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 297
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 32g
- Carbohydrate: 23.6g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 535mg
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Calcium: 70mg
- 1/4 cup yogurt-based spread (such as Brummel & Brown)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Shape into 4 balls; place on a small plate, and freeze 20 minutes or until firm.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a shallow dish or plate.
- Combine milk and egg whites in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until well-blended.
- Combine breadcrumbs, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and paprika in a shallow dish or plate.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon lemon juice over 1 side of each chicken breast. Place 1 herb ball in center of each chicken breast. Fold long sides of chicken over herb ball; tuck in ends, and secure with wooden picks.
- Working with 1 roll at a time, completely dust with flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Dip in milk mixture, and coat with breadcrumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat each roll with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425° for 20 to 25 minutes or until done. Remove wooden picks to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note