I LOVED this recipe. I didn't have any dill for some reason so I used dried chives. The chicken was tender and flavorful...perfect! My husband raved about it too. I will make this one again, for sure!
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 413
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 6.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 48.4g
- Carbohydrate: 23.4g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 856mg
- Calcium: 77mg
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large egg whites
- 4 1/2 (1-ounce) slices white bread
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- Combine 2 tablespoons butter, dill, 1/8 teaspoon salt, pepper, and garlic in a small bowl, stirring well. Chill 1 hour.
- Slice chicken breast halves lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side. Open halves, laying chicken flat. Place each chicken breast half between two sheets of plastic wrap; pound to a 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet.
- Place about 1 1/2 teaspoons butter mixture on the small end of each chicken breast half, and roll up jelly-roll fashion. Tuck in sides, and secure each roll with wooden picks. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Combine 2 tablespoons water and egg whites in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 3 cups. Microwave 2 1/2 teaspoons butter at HIGH 15 seconds or until melted. Combine melted butter and breadcrumbs in a shallow dish; toss well. Dip 1 chicken breast half in egg white mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Dip chicken breast half in egg white mixture again; dredge in breadcrumb mixture again. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken breast halves, egg white mixture, and breadcrumb mixture. Place chicken breast halves, seam sides down, in a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Bake chicken at 425° for 35 minutes or until the chicken is done. Remove wooden picks before serving.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; coat potatoes with cooking spray. Sprinkle potatoes with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt; toss. Bake potatoes at 425° for 40 minutes or until tender, turning once after 30 minutes. Transfer potatoes to a bowl, and toss with remaining 2 teaspoons butter. Serve with chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note