We made this as directed, and the whole family loved it!
Chicken Kebabs with Yogurt-Tahini Sauce
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Susan Vajaranant
More From Allyou
Chill: 2 Hours
Amount per serving
- Calories: 291
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 32g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Sodium: 485mg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. lemon juice (from about 3 lemons)
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 small summer squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Salt and pepper
- 2 red onions, halved, each half cut into quarters
- Cooked brown rice, optional
- 1. In a bowl, whisk oil, 1/2 cup lemon juice, cumin, coriander, paprika and garlic; pour half into a separate bowl. Add chicken to one bowl; turn to coat. Toss peppers, zucchini and squash in other bowl. Cover bowls; chill for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Make sauce: In a bowl, whisk yogurt, tahini, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cover and chill.
- 3. Preheat a gas grill to medium-high. Remove chicken and vegetables from marinade; pat dry and discard marinade. Thread chicken, vegetables and onions onto 12 metal skewers. Season kebabs with salt and pepper.
- 4. Lightly oil grill rack. Grill kebabs, turning, until chicken is cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Set aside 6 kebabs to cool. Serve remaining kebabs over brown rice, if desired, with sauce. When reserved kebabs have cooled, remove chicken and vegetables from skewers, wrap well and refrigerate.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note