Delicious grilled! We enjoyed the lemony zing of the marinade. We'll definitely make them again.
Chicken Kebabs with Creamy Pesto
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Mindy Shapiro Levine
Use the vegetables you have on hand with chunks of protein-rich chicken for a 20-minute family-friendly meal.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 kebab and 1 tablespoon sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 211
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 27.9g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 441mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 (1-inch) pieces yellow bell pepper
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon commercial pesto
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Combine rind, 1 tablespoon juice, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper. Toss with bell pepper, tomatoes, chicken, and onion. Thread vegetables and chicken onto 4 (12-inch) skewers. Place skewers on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 12 minutes or until chicken is done, turning occasionally.
- 3. Combine 1 teaspoon juice, yogurt, sour cream, and pesto. Serve sauce with kebabs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This