- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 8 8-inch skewers (metal or wood)
- calories 220
- caloriesfromfat 45 %
- fat 11 g
- satfat 2 g
- cholesterol 49 mg
- sodium 430 mg
- carbohydrate 11 g
- fiber 2 g
- sugars 4 g
- protein 21 g
How to Make It
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high.
In a shallow baking dish, combine the yogurt, garlic, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Thread the chicken onto the skewers and set them in the yogurt marinade, turning to coat. Refrigerate at least 10 minutes or overnight.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, onion, celery, parsley, oil, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook on a well-oiled grill or grill pan, turning occasionally, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Divide the chickpea salad among individual plates and serve with the chicken.
Shortcut: Save on prep and cooking times by using packaged chicken tenders (precut strips of boneless, skinless breast meat) instead of cutting up whole breasts.