- 7 ounces uncooked soba noodles
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste) or chile garlic paste
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- calories 414
- fat 21.6 g
- satfat 3.9 g
- monofat 9.3 g
- polyfat 6.8 g
- protein 32 g
- carbohydrate 26.1 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 73 mg
- iron 1.5 mg
- sodium 558 mg
- calcium 37 mg
How to Make It
Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and rinse with cold water. Drain. Combine 2 tablespoons vinegar, sesame oil, 1 tablespoon honey, and sugar in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add the noodles, onions, and cucumber; toss to combine.
Combine remaining 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, ginger, and peanut oil in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Thread chicken evenly onto 4 (10-inch) skewers.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray. Add kebabs to pan; cook 12 minutes or until done, turning to brown all sides.
Combine remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, peanut butter, 2 tablespoons water, and sambal oelek in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle mixture over chicken. Garnish with cilantro. Serve with noodles.