- 1 bunch lacinato kale, ribs removed, leaves coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 7 tablespoons grated pecorino Romano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 14-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained, halved and patted dry
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- calories 343
- fat 15 g
- satfat 4 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 28 g
- carbohydrate 26 g
- fiber 8 g
- cholesterol 109 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 574 mg
- calcium 266 mg
How to Make It
Rub kale with 1 Tbsp. lemon juice and 1/4 tsp. salt in a large bowl until tender and slightly wilted, about 1 minute. Whisk buttermilk, 1 Tbsp. oil, 6 Tbsp. cheese, Worcestershire sauce, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 tsp. pepper and remaining 1 Tbsp. lemon juice in a medium bowl until well combined.
Place a rack 6 inches from heating element; preheat broiler. Lightly oil a small baking sheet. Line a large baking sheet with foil; oil foil. Mix panko, rosemary, remaining 1 Tbsp. cheese, remaining garlic clove and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a shallow bowl. Put egg in another shallow bowl. Dip halved artichokes one at a time in egg, then panko; transfer to small baking sheet. Brush chicken and onion slices with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on lined baking sheet.
Broil chicken and onion until onion is golden and tender and chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes for onion and 8 to 10 minutes for chicken. Transfer to a cutting board and let chicken rest. Broil artichokes, turning, until golden brown and crisp, about 6 minutes.
Slice chicken. Toss kale with half of dressing and top with chicken, onion and artichokes. Drizzle with remaining dressing, sprinkle with pepper and serve.