- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (1-ounce) slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- calories 378
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- fat 11.3 g
- satfat 5 g
- monofat 4 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 49.6 g
- carbohydrate 17.9 g
- fiber 4.7 g
- cholesterol 97 mg
- iron 4.4 mg
- sodium 1005 mg
- calcium 611 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine spinach and cream cheese. Press spinach mixture into bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to make 2 cutlets. Dredge chicken in breadcrumbs.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Arrange chicken over spinach mixture. Top with mozzarella, and sprinkle with oregano. Top with the tomato slices and Parmesan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Spoon one-fourth spinach mixture onto each of 4 plates; arrange 2 chicken cutlets and 2 tomato slices over spinach mixture.
Note: Before making cutlets (see the third paragraph), partially freeze chicken for easier slicing.