Chicken In The Bag
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) Chicken (4 lbs/1.8kg) Cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine
- 1/4 cup(s) Apricot jam (low-sugar or all fruit)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoon(s) dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon(s) Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 3 clove(s) Garlic (1Tbsp minced)
- 1/4 cup(s) Sesame seeds, for sprinkling at cooking time
- Rinse the chicken well and trim the excess fat. If desired, remove the skin. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the chicken with the remaining ingredients except sesame seeds; seal tightly. Press on the bag to spread out the chicken pieces so they are in a single layer. Marinate for up to 2 days in the refrigerator or freeze for up to 4 months for a future meal.
- When needed, place the bag of frozen chicken and sauce in the refrigerator and thaw for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray. Empty contents of bag into the prepared baking dish and spread out in a single layer. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake, covered, for 1 1/4 hours, until tender. Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer, until the skin is golden, basting occasionally.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kitkatqt and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note