Chicken In The Bag
Community Recipe from
- 1 whole(s) Chicken (4 lbs/1.8kg) Cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine
- 1/4 cup(s) Apricot jam (low-sugar or all fruit)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoon(s) dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon(s) Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 3 clove(s) Garlic (1Tbsp minced)
- 1/4 cup(s) Sesame seeds, for sprinkling at cooking time
- Rinse the chicken well and trim the excess fat. If desired, remove the skin. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the chicken with the remaining ingredients except sesame seeds; seal tightly. Press on the bag to spread out the chicken pieces so they are in a single layer. Marinate for up to 2 days in the refrigerator or freeze for up to 4 months for a future meal.
- When needed, place the bag of frozen chicken and sauce in the refrigerator and thaw for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray. Empty contents of bag into the prepared baking dish and spread out in a single layer. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake, covered, for 1 1/4 hours, until tender. Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer, until the skin is golden, basting occasionally.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kitkatqt and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes