Chicken in Red Wine Vinegar
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 14 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 14 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 large chicken thighs, trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 3 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- In a medium saucepan, bring the vinegar, broth, honey and tomato paste to a boil, stirring well. Simmer the vinegar sauce until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 8 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a large, heavy skillet. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and add half of them to the skillet, skin side down. Cook over moderate heat, turning once, until browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining thighs.
- Add the garlic and shallots to the skillet and cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Add the wine; boil until reduced to 1/4 cup. Add the vinegar sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, skin side up. Cover and simmer over low heat until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Transfer the chicken to plates.
- Add the crème fraîche to the skillet and boil for 3 minutes. Add the tarragon and season with salt and pepper. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lynnjr and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken in Red Wine Vinegar Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes