- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 8 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 4 cups thinly sliced leeks (about 3 large)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or chives (optional)
- calories 339
- fat 15.6 g
- satfat 3.6 g
- monofat 7.7 g
- polyfat 2.8 g
- protein 33 g
- carbohydrate 17 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 175 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 492 mg
- calcium 72 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Massage lemon rind into chicken. Place chicken in pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add leek and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 15 minutes or until leek begins to brown, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Remove pan from heat; stir in lemon juice and honey. Return chicken to pan. Mound leeks on top of chicken thighs. Bake chicken at 400° for 15 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°. Top with fresh parsley or chives, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.