Delicious crust and sauce, however could use salt and pepper to taste, perhaps some crushed red pepper as well. Could also benefit from the addition of various vegetables, such as tomatoes, mushrooms and asparagus. Also preheating an oiled stone, and then throwing down the cornmeal and dough (whether store bought or homemade) creates a very crispy artisan-textured crust.
Chicken and Herb White Pizza
More From Cooking Light
Total: 52 Minutes
- Calories: 328
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 20.6g
- Carbohydrate: 41.1g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 502mg
- Calcium: 115mg
- 1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups shredded boneless, skinless roasted chicken breast
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Place dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray; let dough stand, covered, for 15 minutes.
- 3. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add flour and pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook 3 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly with a whisk. Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
- 4. Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal; roll dough into a 12-inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Spread white sauce over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with chicken and onion. Bake at 450° on bottom oven rack for 17 minutes or until crust is golden. Sprinkle with herbs.
This updated version of Chicken and Herb White Pizza is based on a recipe that originally ran in Cooking Light, October 2011. The recipe was retested and updated for Cooking Light Crave!, Oxmoor House, 2013.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This