- 1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups shredded boneless, skinless roasted chicken breast
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- calories 328
- fat 7.3 g
- satfat 3.3 g
- monofat 2.4 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 20.6 g
- carbohydrate 41.1 g
- fiber 5.7 g
- cholesterol 44 mg
- iron 1.6 mg
- sodium 502 mg
- calcium 115 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Place dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray; let dough stand, covered, for 15 minutes.
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add flour and pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook 3 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly with a whisk. Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal; roll dough into a 12-inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Spread white sauce over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with chicken and onion. Bake at 450° on bottom oven rack for 17 minutes or until crust is golden. Sprinkle with herbs.
This updated version of Chicken and Herb White Pizza is based on a recipe that originally ran in Cooking Light, October 2011. The recipe was retested and updated for Cooking Light Crave!, Oxmoor House, 2013.