Good recipe. Could use some heat like pepper flakes and could use more chicken. Also I'd up the garlic and maybe swap out the red onion for yellow. Be willing to stray from the recipe to add some spices.
Photo: Kate Sears, Food Styling: Paul Grimes
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 441
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Sodium: 397mg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound bone-in chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 scallions, chopped, white and green parts separated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Warm 1 Tbsp. oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken, turning, for 10 minutes. Drain off fat. Pour in broth, cover, reduce heat to low; cook for 35 minutes. Remove chicken; let cool. Shred meat. Skim fat from cooking liquid; reserve liquid.
- 2. Put potatoes in a pot, cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes; drain.
- 3. Warm remaining oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté potatoes, onion, bell pepper and white parts of scallions for 5 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, paprika, 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper; sauté for 4 minutes. Add chicken; sauté for 3 minutes, adding reserved liquid as needed. Sprinkle with scallion greens before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This