- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound bone-in chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 scallions, chopped, white and green parts separated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- calories 441
- fat 23 g
- satfat 5 g
- protein 24 g
- carbohydrate 34 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 95 mg
- sodium 397 mg
How to Make It
Warm 1 Tbsp. oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken, turning, for 10 minutes. Drain off fat. Pour in broth, cover, reduce heat to low; cook for 35 minutes. Remove chicken; let cool. Shred meat. Skim fat from cooking liquid; reserve liquid.
Put potatoes in a pot, cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes; drain.
Warm remaining oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté potatoes, onion, bell pepper and white parts of scallions for 5 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, paprika, 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper; sauté for 4 minutes. Add chicken; sauté for 3 minutes, adding reserved liquid as needed. Sprinkle with scallion greens before serving.