Chicken Gyro Sliders
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) lean ground chicken
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- salt and pepper
- tomatoes sliced
- cucumber sliced
- red onion sliced
- 8 mini pitas sliced in half
- for the Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1/2 cucumber peeled and seeded
- 6 ounce(s) plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) white vinegar
- salt and pepper
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Shred cucumber then place into a clean kitchen towel and squeeze excess moisture out. Place into a large bowl then add remainingTzatziki Sauce ingredients (be sure to zest lemon for burgers before adding juice to sauce) and stir. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Combine ground chicken, garlic, lemon zest, and spices in a large bowl then divide mixture into quarters, and then divide each quarter in half for 8 sections. Spray skillet with nonstick spray then form each section into a patty one at a time and add to hot skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes a side, or until cooked all the way through, spraying uncooked side with nonstick spray before flipping. Remove from skillet and let sit for 5 minutes then stack on sliced mini pitas and top with sliced tomato, cucumber, red onion, and prepared Tzatziki Sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mbusque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Gyro Sliders Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes