1 Tablespoon dried oregano Salt and pepper 1 1/4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Pita bread
- red onions and tomatoes diced
- Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 cup(s) Greek yogurt plain
- 1 cucumber peeled seeded
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon(s) white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- squeeze fresh lemon juice
- Chicken Marinade
- 2 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 2 tablespoon(s) Greek yogurt plain
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried oregano
- Chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- Shred the cucumber or chop in food processor. Wrap in a towel a squeeze to remove as much water as possible. Mix together the yogurt, shredded cucumber, garlic, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste, and lemon juice. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld.
- To prepare the chicken, combine the garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, yogurt, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl. Whisk together until mixed well. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and mix well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Cook the chicken as desired, either in the skillet or with the broiler. Once the chicken is completely cooked through, transfer to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut into strips. Heat pitas. Top with chicken, tzatziki sauce, diced tomatoes and sliced onions. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by chaseandcjsmom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Gyro Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes