Prep: 15 min Cook 16 min
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 7 ounce(s) kielbasa, sliced into coins
- 1 1/4 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 in pieces
- 4 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 1 can(s) 14 1/2 oz stewed tomatoes
- 2 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package(s) 8 oz frozen okra thawed
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 cup(s) instant rice
- 4 whole(s) scallions sliced
- 1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken and garlic; cook for 5 more minutes, stirring.
- 2. Add tomatoes, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, the chicken broth, okra, 1 cup water, oregano, salt and pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes; stir in rice and simmer for 3 additional minutes.
- 3. To serve, spoon into individual bowls and garnish with scallions.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DebbieHaguewood and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Gumbo Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes