My family loved this. I used 6 chicken breasts I had on hand but cooked it in a crock pot for two hours on high with a jar of salsa (16 oz), 3T lime juice, 1 package of taco seasoning and 3T fresh cilantro. So delicious!
Chicken and Guacamole Tostadas
Smoked paprika gives these chicken tostadas rich, grill-like flavor with no cooking. Look for tostada shells (fried, flat corn tortillas) near the flour and corn tortillas or in the Mexican food section of your grocery store. Serve with lime wedges.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 345
- Fat: 15.4g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Protein: 25.4g
- Carbohydrate: 26.9g
- Fiber: 5.4g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 548mg
- Calcium: 24mg
- 1 ripe peeled avocado
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped tomato, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh onion, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 (6-inch) corn tostada shells
- 1. Place avocado in a small bowl; mash with a fork. Stir in 2 tablespoons tomato, 1 tablespoon onion, 1 tablespoon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and garlic.
- 2. Combine remaining 1 cup tomato, 2 tablespoons onion, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cilantro, and jalapeño; toss well.
- 3. Combine chicken, remaining 1 tablespoon juice, and paprika; toss well to combine. Spread about 1 tablespoon guacamole over each tostada shell; top each with 1/4 cup chicken mixture and about 2 tablespoons salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note