Crispy Chicken with Greek Green Bean Salad
This quick-fix dinner of Crispy Chicken with Greek Green Bean Salad celebrates the season's freshest green vegetable.
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 1 lemon
- 1 (8-oz.) package thin green beans
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas, drained
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup bottled Greek dressing
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 (4-oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. Grate zest from lemon (about 1 Tbsp.). Halve lemon, and juice it. Cook beans in boiling salted water to cover 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. Stir together bell pepper, next 4 ingredients, lemon juice, and beans.
- 2. Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a rolling pin. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
- 3. Place flour and eggs in two separate shallow dishes. Stir together panko, lemon zest, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a third dish. Dredge chicken in flour, dip in eggs, and dredge in panko, pressing to adhere.
- 4. Cook half of chicken in 1 Tbsp. hot canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 3 minutes or until golden. Turn chicken, add 1 Tbsp. canola oil to skillet, and cook 3 minutes or until done. Keep warm in a 200° oven. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and canola oil. Serve with bean mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note