The flavors were just too odd if your not a fan of kimchi.
Korean-Style Chicken and Green Bean Salad
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Robyn Valaryk
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 348
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Protein: 26g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Sodium: 1104mg
- Cholesterol: 302mg
- 1 pound green beans, stem ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 to 3 tbsp. spicy kimchi juice (from the jar) plus 1 cup roughly chopped spicy kimchi*
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp. gochujang (Korean chili paste)* or Asian chili paste
- About 2 tsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups very coarsely shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1. Blanch beans: Drop into a pot of heavily salted boiling water (it should taste like seawater). Cook until tender-crisp and bright green, 2 to 3 minutes, then drain and drop into ice water until cool. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together oil, kimchi juice, salt, chili paste, and vinegar to taste.
- 3. Drain beans, pat dry, and put in a large bowl along with chopped kimchi, chicken, tomatoes, and cilantro. Gently toss with enough dressing to coat. Serve any remaining dressing on the side.
- *Find kimchi with refrigerated foods at well-stocked grocery stores. Find gochujang at Asian markets and online.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note