This salad was tasty and unique. I followed the recipe exactly as written, but also rubbed some cut garlic on the toasts after they came out of the oven. For lunch the next day, I heated up the leftovers and broke the toasts into pieces to mix in. It turned into a delightful "faux" panzanella.
Chicken and Green Bean Salad
Crunchy green beans and juicy tomatoes create a beautiful salad. Serve with Roasted Red Potatoes.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 286
- Fat: 14.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 18.4g
- Carbohydrate: 22.6g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 633mg
- Calcium: 33mg
- 4 ounces French bread baguette, cut into 12 thin slices
- 1 1/2 cups trimmed green beans, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken (white and dark meat)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Roasted Red Potatoes
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Arrange bread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Broil 1 minute or until toasted.
- 3. Steam green beans 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
- 4. Combine oil and next 5 ingredients (through pepper) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken, beans, and tomatoes; toss to combine. Serve with toast.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note