- 1 pound green beans, stem ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 to 3 tbsp. spicy kimchi juice (from the jar) plus 1 cup roughly chopped spicy kimchi*
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp. gochujang (Korean chili paste)* or Asian chili paste
- About 2 tsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups very coarsely shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- calories 348
- caloriesfromfat 56 %
- protein 26 g
- fat 22 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- carbohydrate 13 g
- fiber 4.6 g
- sodium 1104 mg
- cholesterol 302 mg
How to Make It
Blanch beans: Drop into a pot of heavily salted boiling water (it should taste like seawater). Cook until tender-crisp and bright green, 2 to 3 minutes, then drain and drop into ice water until cool. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together oil, kimchi juice, salt, chili paste, and vinegar to taste.
Drain beans, pat dry, and put in a large bowl along with chopped kimchi, chicken, tomatoes, and cilantro. Gently toss with enough dressing to coat. Serve any remaining dressing on the side.
*Find kimchi with refrigerated foods at well-stocked grocery stores. Find gochujang at Asian markets and online.