Not bad. Just wonder if corn starch or arrowroot would be better.. I could taste the flour.
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Jan Gautro, Laura Martin
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Whisk in broth and remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 2 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Note: To serve gravy over chicken, sprinkle 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and cook 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with gravy.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note