Chicken & Golden Rice
Photo: Seth Smoot
This homey Vietnamese dish is simply shredded chicken with fresh herbs and turmeric-scented jasmine rice. Using a rotisserie bird makes speedy work of it.
More From Food & Wine
Total: 40 Minutes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup jasmine rice, rinsed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Ground pepper
- 3 cups chicken, cooked, shredded
- 1/2 (small) white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup torn Thai basil
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Lemon wedges
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha chile sauce
- In a small saucepan, cook the garlic in the oil over moderate heat for 1 minute. Add the turmeric and rice and cook for 1 minute. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff the rice, season with salt and pepper and cover.
- In a bowl, toss the chicken with the onion, basil, cilantro and 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and transfer to plates. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and Sriracha. Serve the chicken with the rice, dipping sauce and lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note