Chicken and Goat Cheese Quesadilla
Wanda Barras created this layered, baked quesadilla to showcase Belle Ècorce's goat cheese. Serve with your favorite jarred salsa and a tossed green salad.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 248
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 17.4g
- Carbohydrate: 22.9g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 666mg
- Calcium: 54mg
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 2 jalapeño peppers, sliced
- 1 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Cooking spray
- 3 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) crumbled soft goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons fat-free sour cream
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Place chicken in a zip-top plastic bag. Add broth mixture. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat grill.
- Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken and onion on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill onion 3 minutes on each side or until onions are browned. Grill chicken 6 minutes on each side or until done. Cool 5 minutes. Cut chicken into very thin slices.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place 1 tortilla on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons cheese, half of chicken, half of onion, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro. Top with 1 tortilla. Sprinkle with remaining 3 tablespoons cheese, chicken, onion, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro. Top with remaining tortilla. Coat tortilla with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 4 wedges. Top each serving with 1 teaspoon sour cream. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes